Are you looking to work alongside a team of good people working hard to make great things happen? How about a career with a company that truly cares about their people? Copernicus Educational Products is a company that goes beyond the norm in trying to make a social and environmental impact with goals and targets that extend beyond the bottom line.
We are looking for ambitious individuals that fall in line with these traits and desires and have the qualifications, goals and skills to fit our open positions.
Copernicus is in need of an Industrial Designer (or someone with similar relevant experience) to join our New Product Development (NPD) team. The NPD team handles everything from market research and idea generation through to detail design and new product launches. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help us uncover new product ideas, create great product designs, and see NPD projects through to completion. We also have big goals to drastically reduce the carbon footprint of our product line, which requires an interest in sustainable design, and a desire to learn as we change the way we do things.
As an Industrial Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Translate project briefs and design requirements into complete, functional, innovative and appealing product designs
- Work with manufacturing and operations teams in Canada and China to execute effective new product launches
- Perform market research to discover unmet customer needs and translate those needs into exciting new product ideas
- Research and develop materials and processes that improve the sustainability and circularity of our product designs
- Contribute to idea, concept, and design reviews, and product strategy sessions with the new product development team
- Develop, prototype, and test product design concepts to validate research insights
- Product technical publications
- Execute product and document change processes
- Provide teams across the organization with support for existing products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Formal education in Industrial design is preferred, however, if you have a different story but can demonstrate ability and experience with physical product design that will be considered
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is required: modelling and technical drawings
- Strong skills in visual communication: sketching, rendering, illustration
- Strong personal organization and time management habits are essential—you will be required to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Sound understanding of common manufacturing processes
- Experience in the education market and/or a true personal interest and belief in the value of education will be strong asset
- We use Keyshot for rendering, and SolidWorks Composer and Corel Draw for technical publications; experience with those applications would be an asset
- Market research, in particular; ethnographic research, user interviews, survey design is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with sustainable product design is an asset
- A positive attitude, team spirit and genuine excitement for creating great products is a must
To learn more about our company, the Copernicans and our love for the environment, visit our website at www.copernicused.com.
If you are still interested, let’s talk and see if our expectations meet and our values align – a little like the stars that Copernicus was so fond of.
Please forward your resume along with samples of your work in PDF format by May 13th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.