Copernicus Educational Products Inc., continues to lead the marketplace with educational classroom teaching aids designed for "making teaching a little easier!" We have built our reputation over the years with our ongoing product innovation and classroom research practices. The award winning Royal® Reading and Writing Center is used in more than 135,000 classrooms worldwide!
National Account Representative
You may not be actively looking for a move. Perhaps you were just perusing career opportunities in between watching your favorite show on Netflix. We understand that. So we will get to the point.
We are expanding and are looking for a National Account Representative to grow our business and manage existing relationships in Central and Western regions of the United States.
Copernicus Educational Products is a leading North American designer and manufacturer of innovative technology based classroom solutions. We design and build from sound foundations; ensuring that mobility, functionality and affordability are evident in all we do.
As a member of the B Corp family (bcorporation.net), we aim to strike a balance between fiscal responsibility, company growth and supporting the social and environmental causes dear to our heart.
Is this something you are equally passionate about? Are you looking for better balance in your life? Then maybe this position is a good fit for you.
As the National Account Representative your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and growing our business with our B2B channel partners in the Central and Western regions of the United States.
- Selectively prospect for new B2B channel partners to help grow our educational technology business in Central and Western United States.
- Developing and implementing an effective sales strategy for channel partners within territory.
- Attending industry tradeshows and events in support of our B2B channel partners.
- Work collaboratively with sales and marketing team on strategic projects focused on growing our business.
- Share industry trends and feedback with marketing and new product development team.
- Working from Home Office
- Ability to travel within US and Canada
- The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated, team-oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of integrity and entrepreneurial attitude will also be necessary to succeed in this role.
- B2B experience within Educational Technology field is preferred but not required.
In return for your loyalty and efforts Copernicus offers a competitive salary package.
If doing work that matters is important to you, we encourage you to apply for consideration. Please demonstrate to us why you are the ideal fit for this role in your cover letter/resume.
Please forward your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
Controller (Reports to the President)
The Controller provides leadership and coordination of company financial reporting, budgeting and planning; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller also streamlines processes to create reliable and timely delivery of accounting information and will play an active role in the strategic planning for the business.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll and statutory reporting.
- Compile and analyze monthly statements and annual reports
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operating and budgets.
- Develop and lead initiatives to identify operating costs, variances and develop performance and variance analyses and work with the various departments to improve and control current processes which impact customer quality.
- Responsible for management of the company's Administration and Information Technology team.
- Set goals and targets relating to the quality and productivity of the company's administrative team, and facilitate continuous training and improvements to the process.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Coordinate the year-end financial statements, and coordinate with external accounting firm.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets.
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Assign and authorize cheques, purchase orders and invoices.
- Promote and maintain positive corporate relations with the financial community.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- Administer/insure all government remittances/reporting completed as required
- Liaison with bank to meet all reporting requirements and to assist in negotiating annual requirements
- Maintain and update insurance policies, adjust as needed
- Liaison with lawyers on corporate legal matters as required
- This position requires minimum 5 years of professional accounting experience.
- University Degree in Business/Accounting
- Professional accounting designation, CPA required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing etc., is essential.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Management and or supervisory experience.
- Experience in Operations Management would be considered an asset but not required.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward.
Please forward your resume in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Support Specialist
You may be the perfect complement to our team if you are enthusiastic, enjoy solving problems, are comfortable with many aspects of technology and can work with a variety of people. This role reports to our IT Analyst. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, but occasional hours beyond these may be required.
- Dealing effectively with a rock-solid team with many different skill sets
- Troubleshooting, setup and maintenance of hardware (computers, internet, local network, printers, wireless network) and miscellaneous office equipment (copier, fax, telephone system)
- Keeping us protected from the constant threat of malware to insure our cyber security measures are current
- Helping employees with using, updating and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access; experience with ODBC, macros and VBA is an asset, since most Excel and Access files are used for reporting
- Eating delicious, healthy foods
- Learning our ERP system and assisting employees as needed
- Assisting in building/maintaining local intranet/Wiki
- Training employees in proper use of equipment and software
- Embracing nature surrounding our work environment
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary as well as an opportunity to work alongside hard-working, creative (and sometimes quirky) people.
Let us know why you feel Copernicus and this position is a good match for your skills and experience. Please forward your resume in PDF format to: email@example.com.
Commitment to our employees
Copernicus is committed to paying staff a living wage (above minimum wage) to all employees.