Strategy and Research Lead – Product Manager (Remote Position)
Job Summary: Product Development is at the heart of our business, and we currently require a creative and enthusiastic Strategy and Research Lead – Product Manager that will bring new ideas and inspiration to our New Product Development team. We’re looking for someone who will push the company to the next level, and uncover opportunities along the way. This individual will be a self-starter, passionate and committed to developing world-class products. This role requires an individual who is able to balance creativity with good analytical skills and is able to stay focused on results – someone who enjoys problem solving, loves challenge, and is committed to continuous improvement. Product Development comes with ups and downs, and we want to add someone to our team who will be able to learn from mistakes, experiment and dig deep to help lead the company in the right direction. The successful candidate will be hungry to drive revenue and growth through new products.
Primary Activities Include:
- Define the long-term and short-term product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with external third parties, including our end user advisory team to assess partnerships and conceptual ideas.
- Run testing and reviews with early-stage prototypes.
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements and define the product vision.
- Work closely with sales and marketing.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure products meet customer needs and the vision for the product.
- Be hungry for new ideas, new research and the identification of new avenues and opportunities for growth.
- Be an expert with respect to our competition.
- Be an expert with respect to our industry, challenges, changes and the future.
- Work in a remote environment with the expectation to visit the office periodically to assist with projects or other job related duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- You are a passionate self starter committed to making a difference by identifying opportunities, creating innovative concepts and the supporting their development into successful new products.
- You have a high level of energy and enthusiasm, which are essential. The right person will be willing and able to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong observational and problem solving skills, consumer empathy, and a track record of having developed ideas and solutions in fast-paced, urgent and evolving markets that meet end user needs.
- You can show strong organization, planning, execution and follow up skills. You must also demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
- You have the ability to balance multiple priorities and work toward big picture objectives without losing sight of important details.
- You have the ability to be strategic but also be able to roll up your sleeves and participate in project work.
To be able to hit the ground running, the right candidate will have:
- Post Secondary Diploma/Degree in Industrial Design OR Post Secondary Diploma/Degree in Marketing OR experience in Product Management OR show us how your alternative background could benefit our team.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching incredible products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve goals without formal authority.
- A team oriented and positive attitude and a sense of humour
Interested applicants may forward their resume in PDF format by July 31, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.