Before Using Whiteboard Surfaces
- Remove whiteboard film. The dry erase boards have a protective film to prevent scratches during shipping. If there is no film, please verify that the board has been installed with the dry erase surface up and not backwards.
- Clean well with a damp cloth. Rinse with water and dry with a dry soft cloth.
- Low odor dry erase markers are highly recommended for use in daycares and schools. Low odor markers may not erase as easily as regular "high odor" markers and may "ghost" more but the odor reduction is quite significant.
- To remove dry erase marker from boards, use either a microfiber cleaning cloth (wash cloths regularly and replace when no longer soft), a dry wash cloth, dry erase board eraser or felt eraser. The microfiber cleaning cloth and dry wash cloth seems to work the best.
- To prevent marker buildup on your whiteboard surfaces, occasionally clean with whiteboard cleaner.
- Replace your Dry Erase Markers every 4-6 month even if they are still working well. Ghosting is partly created by using markers that are old. Replace them as soon as you start getting ghosting.
- Use abrasive erasers, cleaners, sponges or rags.
- Use a chalkboard eraser.
- Use a wet eraser.
- Use a permanent Marker - Keep them away from your whiteboard
- Use tape on whiteboards
Tips to Remove Permanent Markers
- Write over the permanent marker with a dry erase marker - this may erase the permanent marker.
- If not, try to use White Pentel Brand Hi-Polymer pencil eraser. This is an excellent way to remove the permanent marker without using any harsh chemicals.
- Keep in mind, the longer the permanent marker is on the whiteboard, the more difficult it is to remove. We cannot guarantee it will work.
Note: Under no circumstances should cleaners which contain paint remover or thinner be used.
Adjusting the Book Ledge
- Pull on the metal hook on one side of the book ledge and install to side of easel frame (there will be several positioning holes)
- Pull on the metal hook on the other side of the book ledge and install to side of easel making sure the ledge is level.
- Move your book ledge into various positions as needed to accommodate different heights.
Note: the spring tension is designed to discourage children from unhooking the book ledge.